We’ve been busy working on our final list of projects around the house in order to get ready for our home appraisal. Nope – we aren’t selling. But we are refinancing! And I’m so happy – for many reasons. 1) Refinancing and getting a home appraisal is forcing us to finish up the final touches on the house 2) we are going to be saving some money 3) the house will be fully ready to welcome a houseful of guest for Thanksgiving!
In the last few weeks we’ve been working on:
- caulking all the new trim that we added to the lower level – and then painting
- finishing up the new entry to the kitchen, including trim, caulk, paint
- adding new travertine tile to the backsplash in the kitchen
- repairing the wall where the old side splash used to be – including mudding, sanding, priming and painting
- adding transitions to all the new floor surfaces that we’ve redone including kitchen, the woman cave and master bath
- adding new lighting to the walk in closet
- adding a new light fixture to the basement TV room
- new curtains for the bedroom
- headboard in the master
- trim around the kitchen cabinets
- new closet doors for the woman cave aka the craft room
- not to mention the new floors, new paint and new fixtures for the craft room
- and all new electrical outlets for the entire lower level (all white ones!)
Sometimes I hate that the final details can take so much time….but they are finally DONE!
and then we decided to do some front yard work yesterday, which meant ripping out bushes and re-landscaping the front yard. Cuz that apparently sounded like fun.
Here is our life in photos from the last few months