Looking back at the past 30 days – we’ve accomplished A LOT! And managed to save quite a bit of money. I was on a super secret quest to save some pennies this month, and after running through the budget yesterday I think I did pretty well!
We started off January recovering from a quick 3 day visit to one of my best friends’ in Las Vegas. It was Sarah’s birthday – and a great opportunity for Seth and I to make a quick getaway from the crazy holiday season. All four of us went to the same high school, and Sarah and I have been best friends for a LONG TIME. We sang together in select choir (she’s an amazing pianist) and we were cheerleaders together, too.
They are probably the most gorgeous couple you will ever meet – and their kids are an amazingly perfect mix of both of them.
It was so good to see our friends and their kids – we had a great time with them!
In house news, we did a lot of work this month.
- We finished the plumbing in the basement bathroom – read more about the project here
- Restained and secured the slats for the bathroom vanity that I built – using my new Christmas gift, a nail gun and air compressor!
- Repurposed our mirror for the bathroom update
- Built our entry way table while Seth was out of town
- Painted the dining room
- Hung and painted closet doors in the craft room
- New lights for the living room
- Sold our desk and chair, old sofa and some other miscellaneous items on Craigslist
- Bought a new sofa
Here’s a sneak peak at my entry table and mirror
I’ll try to post more info about these projects in the next week or so…
We also tried a lot of new recipes this month:
- Baked zucchini and mozzarella
- Baked avocado fries
- Duchess potatoes
- Blackberry scones
- Zuppa Toscani soup
- Butternut Squash soup with tortellini
Not bad for the month of January!
What have you been up to?