I can’t believe I haven’t shared this recipe yet. And to be honest, I have no idea where the recipe came from – but I love it!
* I remembered where I got the recipe! My MIL gave me The Dinner Doctor for Christmas – the recipe is in there. Thanks MIL!
It’s quick and easy, and the best part is that I usually have all the ingredients in the house!
Aromatic Mushroom Galette
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- unwrap the crescent rolls and unroll the dough; you will have 8 triangles. Place an ungreased baking sheet or pizza stone on a work surface. Arrange the triangles of dough so that they form an 8 pointed star. the pointed tips should face away from the center of the star. Start by placing one triangle in the 12 o’clock position, one in the 6 o’clock position, one at 3 o’clock and one at 9 o’clock. Place the remaining 4 triangles in the remaining empty spaces. The edges of the dough triangles should overlap each other lightly, but there will be a hole in the center of the star. Using your fingertips, press down on the dough to seal the edges where they overlap. To fill the hole, press the base of each triangle toward the center until the hole is evenly covered by dough. Then, using your hand press down on the dough so that it is flat, with no gaps.
- Place the mushroom, garlic, olive oil and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese an the parsley and oregano in a mixing bowl to stir. Season with salt to taste. Spoon the mushroom filling into the center of the dough, then pull the tips of the dough up, and fold them over the filling to create a bundle. There will be gaps between triangles of dough on top of the filling. Press down slightly on the bundle. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over the top of the galette.
- Bake the galette until the crust is deeply browned and the mushroom filling bubbles, 22 to 25 minutes. Remove the galette from the oven, run a metal spatula underneath to loosen it then slice and serve warm.
I used 1/2 a container of frozen creamed spinach instead of the parsley, and it was wonderful!