Sometimes in life there are things that just don’t make sense. For example:
- Jobs that our society places a lot of value on don’t get paid nearly enough. Like teachers, social workers, etc.
- When mean people win.
- My parents moved far, far away to another part of the country right about the time that we moved into the wonderful world of a great adult relationship. Now how are they ever gonna get to see their grandkids?!
- When bad things happen to good people. And when not nice people seem to catch all the breaks.
- How my girlfriend who works for a health care organization doesn’t even have maternity leave to be able to stay home after having her first baby. Not even for a few weeks.
- And the one that brought to this here blog today, how I can run marathons for a straight year and not be able to fit into some of my dress pants, but today – after not working out for months and eating fried, greasy bar food and lots of beer those same pants look great.